I was born in 1988. I grew up in the south western Sydney area. I studied Computer Science at the lovely grounds of the University of Wollongong. During my studies and here after, I have worked on many different roles ranging from general IT and support to mainly taking on programming roles and most recently network and systems administration. I have recently taken a keen interest in Network Engineering and Systems Administration and wish to focus on these areas on the future.
In my leisure time I am a lover of music. I like to play the piano and learn guitar. I have an interest in electronics owning several Arduino’s, Raspberri Pi and love to crack out C and the soldering iron on a rainy day. I recently have a new found hobby in photography and intend to start up an album on this site sooner or later.
I strive to be the best in my field. At the moment my interests are in the areas of Network engineering and Systems Administration. During my spare time I’m studying to begin to get qualified (first CCNA certs, who knows what after). My career objectives are simple, enjoy what I do, and be the best I can possibly be at doing it.
- RHEL administration
- Building RPM’s
- Proficient with mainstream packages (Bind, Nagios, Apache, Cacti tcpdump, puppet, etc)
- Scripting to automate tasks.
- Syslog-ng and Splunk experience in setting up logging environments.
- Configuring and administering postfix mail servers.
- System design
- HA System design utilising open source products (DRBD, Heartbeat, Nginx, Apache, Replication in Mysql and PostgreSQL) to provide a highly available software stack.
- Solid fundamental networking knowledge (with limited Junos and IOS knowledge) to set up highly available SRX chassis cluster border firewall’s (with dual internet connectivity using BGP), highly available switch design (virtual chassis, link aggregation/bonding and STP planning)
- VPN and OSPF design for highly available networking across different sites, with basic OSPF knowledge for route distribution across network.