The Bucket List
The bucket list started on my website back in February, 2013. The idea was start creating a list of all of the things that I’ve accomplished over the years, and keep track of the things that I really want to achieve and experience in my life.
This list is public in the hope others will want to help or experience things with me and help make these happen. This list is ever growing and changing.
- White water rafting down a natural river
- scuba dive the great barrier reef
Picnic under a tree watching clouds from above
I'm often asked by this one. The idea would be to be able to find a tree somewhere atop of a very tall mountain that typically gets plenty of sun and trees. Time it when the cloudbase is low enough that we can watch the top of clouds.
- Learn to Kite Surf
- See something majestic (total rip from The Bucket List movie, I know)
- ski down a double black run at Perisher with confidence
- Play flight of the bumblebee on Piano
- write a piece of music “wow"s people
See flowing lava
Bethany and I got to see flowing lava at the Halemaʻumaʻu crater in Hawaii. This was just before the 2018 eruptions, so got lucky with our timing. Due to there not being flowing lava at the time, we only saw this from afar. I would very much like to keep this on the bucket list in hope of one day seeing it free-flowing up close.
- Visit the Maldives
- Bungee Jumping
- maintain a bee hive.
- Sky Diving (done twice) (Completed again 2012)
- Skydive Solo (completed late 2013)
- Hang gliding (Completed 20th December, 2012)
- CCNA Certified (Completed early 2012)
- Fly a plane (Completed early 2012)
- See the Aurora Borealis
- Walk on a glacier
Fly a glider
Got to complete it on November 2018. Went with Sam, Nick and Jay and did a lesson day at Hollister. Loved it, but far too expensive as a hobby. I'm very much into Paragliding now as a cheaper source of flying the skies
A new life goal is to set and try and achieve a little challenge every year. Past challenges have been as follows. I don’t tend to do these any more :(
- 2012 – NO coffee
- 2013 – Enter a gym at least 2 days a week
- 2014 – Learn Pirates of the Caribbean (Jarrod Radnich version)